What is Project Christmas Blessing?
Project Christmas Blessing (PCB) is a project designed to bless school children in Zulu Natal, South Africa in Jesus’ name.
For some, it might be the only Christmas gift they’ll ever get. In their whole life. It also might be the only way they’ll hear gospel truth.
Cherise Smith gives a Project Christmas Blessing Gift.
Kids line up to receive their Christmas gift at a Project Christmas Blessing event.
Because of Project Christmas Blessing, school kids will:
- Hear an engaging, kid appropriate presentation of the gospel from a Zulu pastor.
- Be led in worship by a live praise and worship team.
- Receive a gift.
- Receive a book explaining the gospel in Zulu.
This happens as part of their Christmas Celebration, just before school lets out for the break. This is a video of one part of the celebration in previous years:
How Project Christmas Blessing Reaches Further Than Just Christmas Giving
Because Kelly and Cherise Smith are visible and engaged members of their community, the benefits of Project Christmas Blessing go beyond the initial benefits of the event and gifts.
- Establishes the Smiths as people who want good things for their community.
- Because PCB is a very public declaration of their commitment Jesus, all the other great things they do for and in their community throughout the year get attributed to Jesus and His goodness, too.
- Underwrites the credibility of the Smith family as they declare the gospel to individuals in the community.
Project Christmas Blessing underwrites the credibility of the Smith family as they declare the gospel to individuals in the community.
Thank you, and may you too be blessed!
- Bless school children in Zulu Natal, South Africa in Jesus' Name.
- Expose children in Zulu Natal, South Africa to the story of Jesus' birth.
- Demonstrate God's blessing and love to the Smith's community.
- Supporters to help cover the $20/child cost of Project Christmas Blessing.
- Prayer for the gospel message delivered to take root and grow.
In this episode, Kelly and Cherise Smith are sharing what it’s like living among the Zulu tribe in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa. They’re sharing some remarkable things Zulu women and girls do as part of their daily lives, the extents people are going to so they can attend Kelly and Cherise’s monthly “Bible Verse Shop” outreach and a few only-in-africa stories of snake bites, late night labors and extreme runs to the hospital!
Now you can see for yourself some of the ways you’ve impacted Zulu Natal, South Africa, through your support of the Smith family and their ministry!
Many ITMI partners had outreaches to their community planned for Christmas. Many of you partnered with them to make these outreaches happen. We’re so thankful for all God’s done through our partners and supporters. But there’s more!