It started quite a few years ago with one young evangelical pastor who God called to “Translate for Revival” in Poland.
You may know 99.97% of Poles identify themselves as part of the state Catholic Church in Poland. You may not know that this majority is extremely suspicious of non-evangelicals.
Those who who believe salvation is by faith alone – not works – are considered insane and dangerous.
Don’t talk to them! Don’t go to their events!
The door was shut. The ears were plugged.
ITMI’s Dr. Piotr Zaremba cared too much about his fellow countrymen to let their ostracism stop him. He set out to creatively love and reach them anyway.
ITMI’s Dr. Piotr Zaremba and his wife.
First, he began translating the Bible from Hebrew and Greek into Polish. Careful attention to the text declares a path to God that is much different (grace through faith, not works) than the only other available Polish version. That was years ago.
Now we are about to see the final publication of this labor of love!
Piotr also inspired others to join in his work. As a result, there is a network of ministries reaching people in all walks of life in Poland – from the homeless and addicted to internationals to the mainstream Polish person – under his oversight.
People are coming to faith all the time through the work of the network of ministries under Piotr’s oversight.
One of the branches of this network, Gospel Joy Evangelism and Workshops, Directed by ITMI partner, Andrew Gorski and his wife, Anna, has been incredibly successful at reaching mainstream Poles who normally wouldn’t offer their ear to hear that faith is more than a set of rules and accepted behaviors.
Finding out that they can have a personal relationship with Jesus is a total surprise to them, even if they consider themselves a Christian or part of the church.
In fact, thousands are paying to attend workshops in cities across Poland where they will hear this truth!
The excitement and passion of Gospel Music is an excellent demonstration of the fruit of a relationship with Jesus.
A packed concert hall hears they can have a relationship with Jesus Christ!
A Word Zone group digs into God’s Word in someone’s home.
Now, Gospel Joy is working hard so that each workshop event is basically the beginning of a new church plant in that city. Those who are interested in knowing more about Jesus can sign up to attend Bible groups that meet weekly called Word Zones.
These home-based church plants are so effective because they aren’t asking new believers to attend one of the scary evangelical churches.
They are asking them to meet with the friends they’ve just made at the Workshop in someone’s home.
That’s not scary at all.
There are now multiple growing, thriving Word Zone groups. After years of building, equipping and working, the model has been tested and the kinks are worked out.
Now its time to scale it for the rest of the country!
It’s time to start a movement.
It’s time to spark the row of dynamite that has been put in place over the last decade.
Why THIS project?
ITMI’s Andrew Gorski, the Director of Gospel Joy, gives us a compelling list of answers:
1. God has called us all to make disciples of all nations (Mt. 28)
2. God has called all of us to spread the gospel to the ends of the world (in this case it may be Poland).
3. God has called me (Andrew) to lead an evangelistic Gospel Joy ministry and to reach and grow the lost in this country, which I have been doing for the last 16 years.
4. God has proved to bless the ministry by continually using the team to bring people to salvation.
5. In the last 3.5 years God allowed us to plant and witness the growth of six new home churches (this is very, very rare in our country).
6. We believe God has called us to plant 17 brand new home churches in the next three years (I don’t think anybody has ever done anything like that in Poland before).
Andrew Gorski and his wife Anna are passionate and dedicated leaders who are uniquely gifted for this amazing ministry.
We’re looking for people, who would like to prayerfully consider getting involved in starting a Movement of Home Churches in Poland. This is a faith based project, doomed to fail unless God’s in it.
We really need people and churches who would like pray and help financially.
We really need prayer warriors who want to be part of something big.
We really need financial supporters who want to help spread the Gospel in Poland.
To launch this movement with 17 new church plants in the next 3 years, we need to raise $45,000USD per year for the next three years.
What does $45,000 do for the Home Bible Groups Movement in Poland?
1. Starts 17 new evangelistic home groups as a direct result of training local evangelical leaders and gospel music workshops as outreach to local community.
2. This means at least 7 full size gospel music workshops and over 30 trainings for Polish local evangelical leaders will happen this year. This project will impact big chunk of evangelical leaders in this country.
3. Nine Gospel Joy staff members will do the leg work to make all this happen.
Who else is involved?
Besides ITMI advocating for these ministries and providing accountability, there are a few others who are eager to be part of this movement.
Large church planting American mission agency, Avant Ministries (Kansas City) joined our project as consultants and sent one full time missionary to Poznan.
Also Perimeter Church from Atlanta got behind the project.
Now you have the same opportunity.